Monday, August 10, 2009

Not Me Monday



Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.


This past week I absolutely did not let my three-year-old daughter turn back into a baby while we were at the beach. That did not include lugging her around on my hip all week, letting her have a binky (which she hasn't taken in a loooong time), or rocking her to sleep every single night. That would just not be good for her development, so I wouldn't do such a thing.
On said trip, I also did not feed the kids cookies and chips for breakfast or lunch, or encourage them to, ahem, pee in the ocean, or maybe even the pool. That is disgusting, and I would never encourage them to do that just so I didn't have to trudge around with two little sand covered bodies trying to find the nearest restroom. But, they did go #2 in actual potties, and I definitely did not make little man wipe his own bottom because I couldnt' stand the stench of the restroom at the waterpark. I wouldn't make him do that.
And my husband is not such a tightwad that I did not have to confront his lie (in front of a waitress nonetheless) when he tried to say that baby sister was 2. He knows she just had a birthday and turned 3.
I am ALWAYS completely honest with my children, and I would never lie or use scare tactics to trick them into being good. Not me! Thus, when both of the little ones cried and fought the entire nine hour drive to the beach, this conversation did not happen between Ethan and myself.
Mommy: You better be quiet, Ethan. We are getting ready to pass a cop car. Oh, here it comes!!
Ethan: Where? Where? I didn't see no policeman.
Mommy: Oh, you didn't? It was an undercover one.
At this point he starts crying uncontrollably.
Ethan: Liar! You lied to me!! Why would you lie to me, Mommy??!!
I most certainly did not get caught up in a lie by my five year old son. Christians don't lie, and Mommys don't lie to thier precious little children. So, I definitely wouldn't. NOT ME!!



1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness! Sounds like your vacation was an interesting one!!

    ReplyDelete